Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday Morning, Day 12

You know, I actually got up this morning and thought to myself "Thank God, I only have a six mile run."

Coming from someone as unathletic as I, this is a huge thing for me.

I changed my intervals today. My walk interval is now 5:30, and my run interval is now 1:30. This morning I had a few times where I ignored the beep when it came time to run, and yet I still finished just under my 15:00 pace. It was already 76 degrees at 7:30 a.m. this morning, but only 81 degrees when I finished at 9:00 a.m. Not nearly as warm as last week, but strangely enough I was much better, or my body was more prepared. My calf didn't even bother me after the run. It's been bugging me for what, three weeks now, after each long run, and nothing today. This has got to be getting easier. I'm hoping that working it this hard in the heat, I'm something close to awesome when the weather starts turning cooler in the fall.

Mackenzie is still sick, better but still fighting the throat. She was grumpy and made herself throw up once, but she was trying her best to get to that birthday party today. We did wind up taking her, and she had a good time, but we could tell that she wasn't at 100% Hoping she has a solid night's sleep tonight.

No comments: